- In a cast iron pot heat 4 Tablespoons of oil.
- Cut the meat into small pieces and add into the pot. Stirring the meat occasionally until it becomes brown, will take about 10 mins.
- While the meat is cooking, peel and wash your vegetables.
- Chop the onions and add to the meat, continue to fry for another 7 mins or until the onions are soft and clear.
- Chop 2-3 tomatoes and also add into the pot,
- In the next step, add 4 potatoes and 2 carrots, cut potatoes in smaller pieces and chop the carrots, add to the pot. Cook for another 5 mins.
- Add in 1 chopped red pepper. Stir.
- Pour int the water, about 4 cups or as much as to cover all the ingredients and an inch higher. Add in salt ( I add about a tsp) and pepper by your taste. Bring to a boil.
- Take off the foam with a spoon, that has gathered on top. Add in the washed parsley (not cut) ,reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for about an hour, or until the potatoes are soft and cooked.
- After the potatoes and vegetables are cooked through, remove the parsley, it was just for flavor you won’t need it anymore.
The Soup is Ready, Enjoy!