- Fill up a pot with water (about four cups). Add in the chicken and bay leaf. Put in 1/2 Tablespoon of salt. Boil for 30 minutes. Strain boiled chicken into a bowl, transfer the water back into the pot and put the chicken pieces a side.
- Add peeled and cut potatoes into the water and boil till potatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile, chop up all the greens and boiled eggs.
- Chop up the white part of the onion and saute on butter till light brown color.
- As soon as the potatoes are done, add in the chopped greens, eggs and sautéed onions to the pot.
- Salt to Taste! (pepper is just an option)
- Bring to a boil and enjoy!
- Borschts are usually served with a spoon of sour cream.