- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Packages of Unsalted Butter (1 cup) melt in microwave
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- Pinch of Vanilla
- 2 Cups of Unbleached Flour
- Whisk together 3 Eggs and 1 Cup of Sugar.
- Add 2 sticks of unsalted butter ( 1 cup) into the sugar and eggs.
- Add 1/2 Tablespoons of Baking Powder, and a pinch of vanilla (optional).
- Into the mix add 2 cups of flour.
- Mix until it’s all blended well together.
- Let stand for couple mins until it stiffens up.
- Turn on your pizzelle maker (I have had mine for over 8 years, these days you can find them in many stores and easily online).
- Put a teaspoon of batter on each design and close.
- They will brown up fast. Quickly roll into a cone. ( have these wooden cone shape my husband made for me).
Now for the cream; I know many different cream recipes for these waffle cones. Here is one I used this time.
- 12 oz whipping cream
- 3/4 powdered sugar
- 8oz cream cheese (softened)
- With a hand mixer, start mixing cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add in powdered sugar, keep mixing.
- Turn mixer on low speed and add in the whipped cream. Mix on low for a minute, the cream should become fluffy and not runny.
- Take a cream bag, or a ziploc bag cut the tip. If you do have a cream bag put a decorative tip on.
- Fill bag with cream and start filling up the waffle cones. You could sprinkle crushed nuts like I did here, or leave them as is, sometimes I would add a fruit on each one.
Items I used in this recipe: