- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 large carrot
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Chicken broth – 32 oz
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of grate cheese (Mozzarella or Parmesan)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
- While the onion is cooking, wash and roughly chop the cauliflower, celery and the carrot.
- When onion is soft and ready, add the vegetables into the pot then add the broth and bring it to boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the lid, and cook on low for 20 minutes until your vegetables are soft.
- Add milk and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from the heat and puree the soup in a blender (in small batches) and return it to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and mix it’s melted.
- Before serving, garnish each plate with croutons and green onion. Recipe for Homemade Croutons!