- 1 ½ lb potatoes
- 1 ½ lb beef
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ lb carrots (4 small) chopped
- 2 small or 1 big peppers chopped (red or yellow)
- 1 bay leaf
- parsley of dill to decorate
- In a 5 to 6-quart Dutch oven, (or just a pot if you don’t have a dutch oven) over medium high-heat add 3Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add 1 1/2 of stew sized beef into the pot, season with 1 Tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook till beef is brown on all sides.
- Into the pot add 1 thinly sliced onion and 1 clove of minced garlic, cook stirring occasionally until soft but not browned.
- Add 1/2 pound or 4 small chopped carrots and chopped pepper (2 small or 1 big). Cook for 5 min till softened.
- Add 1 1/2 pounds of cubed cut potatoes and water just to cover the potatoes.
- Put in the bay leaf and salt to taste.
- Bring to simmer on medium-low heat. Will take about 30-40 minutes.