- 4 large Eggs
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of Flour
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- Dulce de leche Dulce de lutche Recipe
- 1 Cup of Pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9″ cake pan by buttering it up.
- In a mixing bowl on high speed, beat together 4 large eggs and 1 cup of sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of Honey (any kind you like).
- To a cup add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and squeeze 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. It will start to foam right away. Add to the mix.
- On low speed add in 1 Cup of flour.
- Transfer the batter into your prepared cake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.
- I make Dulce de leche usually ahead of time, I have few cans standing for times when I need it right away.
- Mix dulce de leche in a small bowl with 1 cup of softened unsalted butter.
Putting the cake together:
- Chop 1 cup of pecans.
- Slice cake in half horizontally.
- To moisten the cake, mix together 1 teaspoon f sugar and 3/4 cup of water. Generously pour on the inside of the cake (both slices) with a teaspoon.
- Spread half of the cream on one side of the cake slice.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of cream.
- Close the cake, putting the second piece of the cake on top of the cream with pecans.
- Spread cream all over the cake, and sprinkle the rest of the pecans all over the cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.