There are plenty of chocolate chip cookies recipes floating around the internet, but this recipe is a must to add to the books, simply because my kids make this recipe so I had to add it on here. Pantry staple ingredients and a recipe that is easy to follow.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
Egg: Just one large one
Sugar: Both brown and regular white sugar
Flour: I use unbleached Canadian flour
Butter: Unsalted and it should be soft at room temperature, don’t melt the butter.
Vanilla Extract: Dry or liquid
Baking powder: You could also substitute for baking soda and these cookies will still work.
A pinch of salt: I usually don’t add salt to the my baking, but here I do.
- 1 Large Egg
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon baking poweder
- Pinch of Salt
How to Make Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl mix 2 cups of flour, pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of dry vanilla, and 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk 1 egg, 2/3 cup for sugar, 2/3 brown sugar, and 1 cup of softened unsalted butter.
- Blend together flour mix and egg mix into one bowl, then add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Place parchment paper on two oven sheets.
- Take about 2 Tablespoons of dough, roll into balls, and place on parchment paper, leaving an inch between each rolled ball for cookies to spread out in the oven.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cookies cool down completely before taking a bite.
Substitutes for Chocolate Chips
If you don’t want to add chocolate chips, you don’t have to. Instead, you can add:
- M & M’s
- Keep cookies plain
Other Cookie Recipes you May Enjoy:
Equipment I Used
Chocolate Chip Butter Cookie Recipe
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cups brown sugar
- ⅔ cups graduated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a large baking sheet with lined parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix 2 cups of all-purpose flour, pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of dry vanilla, and 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk 1 large egg, ⅔ cup of sugar, ⅔ cup brown sugar and 1 cup of unsalted softened butter.
- Combine together the dry ingredients with egg mixture.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Take about 2 Tbsps of dough, to roll into dough balls and place on parchment paper, leaving an inch between each rolled ball.
- Depending on your oven, bake time may vary. Bake for 20-25mins. Let cookies cool completely before taking a bite.