Start off by cutting your beef chunk into small cubes. I like to cut it in tiny pieces, that way it cooks much faster.
- Place beef cubes into a soup pot, pour in 8 cups of cold water and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low, cover the pot with a lid. and continue cooking until beef pieces become soft. Takes about 30-60 minutes, depends on the size of the pieces.
- Once beef is soft and ready, add potatoes and rice, bring to a boil, and continue cooking over medium heat for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and rice is cooked through.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat olive oil in a sauce pan and sauté onions until soft, for 7 minutes. Once onions are soft, add the tomato sauce and cook for 2 more minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Last thing you need to do is add the tomato sauce with onions into the soup pot, season with salt and pepper. and mix carefully until the sauce is blended.
- Let stand for 10 minutes covered before serving.
- Garnish each plate with fresh parsley and serve with a slice of toasted bread.