This no-bake cherry cheesecake is ridiculously easy to make! It’s a great crowd-pleasing dessert and so, so good! The perfect dessert that comes together in minutes.
I think cheesecakes are the ultimate dessert. Maybe the ultimate food. It is absolutely perfect in every way. It blends delicious flavors, beautifully. It is a stunner when it comes to looks. It makes your house smell ah-mazing. And your stomach, so happy. It comes in so many different flavors. They all seem to taste great, don’t they? Cherry cheesecake has got to be one of my favorite cheesecakes of all time. Excuse me while I wipe away my drool.
But here’s the thing. Sometimes, you just don’t have the time to bake an entire cheesecake. Right? And you’d rather not splurge on a ready-made cheesecake. Because the good ones cost $$$. So how do you get your cheesecake fix?
You make the no-bake version!
But Marina, that’s an abomination!
Oh, but it won’t taste anything like a real cheesecake!
It’s not a cheesecake if it isn’t baked!
Listen, I love the classic springform pan cheesecake just as much as the next. But sometimes those cravings strike. And I’d rather wait an hour to devour it than 5.
You know what else I love about this recipe?
- It’s a great party dessert. Make as much, or as little as you need.
- It’s a fool-proof recipe. Classic cheesecake can be tricky business. But it’s really hard to mess up a no-bake cheesecake!
Even little hands enjoy this! I’ve noticed that little ones sometimes have a tough time getting through the texture of a classic cheesecake. This is a great option!
Next time a cheesecake craving strikes, make yourself this no-bake version. I promise it won’t disappoint!
What do I need to make this recipe?
- 8oz cream cheese
- 500 mL whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 can pie filling (540 mL / 21oz)
- 1 crust (you can make it yourself from graham crackers and butter if you prefer)
Directions for Cherry Cheesecake:
- In a bowl with a hand mixer, beat together 8 ounces of softened cream cheese and 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk or beat 500 ml of whipping cream.
- As soon as whipping cream stiffens, combine cream cheese and whipping cream together.
- You could leave the ready crust as it is, and add the cream cheese filling. Or, you could transfer the crust filling into a pie pan for a nicer presentation.
- Spread the cream cheese mix on top of the crust.
- On top of the cream cheese, spread the cherry pie filling. (my mom sometimes substituted the cherry filling with other toppings, such as chocolate or raspberries)
- For best results refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Simple desserts like this:
Equipment I Used
No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- hand mixer
- cake spatula
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 500 ml whipping cream
- ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 21 oz pie filling
- 1 pie crust prepared
- With a hand mixer, beat together 8 ounces of softened cream cheese and 3/4 cup powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, wisk or beat 500 ml whipping cream.
- As soon as it forms stiff peaks, combine cream cheese and whipping cream together.
- Spread the cream over the crust.
- On top of the cream cheese, spread the cherry pie filling.
- For best results, refrigerate for at least 1 hour then slice and enjoy!