Crab legs, black olives, corn, and eggs all come together for the perfect summer salad. It is fresh. It looks beautiful. And it tastes so darn good!
Hey! I know you need a break from your same old lunch routine. How many sandwiches can a person eat? A lot. I know. But let’s shake things up a bit.
We’re having salad for lunch today. Not with those hearty, leafy greens either. Nope.
This salad is full of delicious crab meat.
Sorry sandwich, there’s really no competition here. Crabmeat has my heart.
If you’re a seafood lover like me, you’ve probably had crab salad before. And if you’re just as obsessed as me, you probably stare down the crab salad at the salad bar you walk past while grocery shopping.
And I know the thoughts that come up in your head. Because they come up in mine too:
Do they use real crab?
Does that even make a difference?
How much mayo is in there?
I’d probably be better off eating pizza – that salad is probably so many calories.
How long has it been sitting there anyway?
Listen. You’re better off making crab salad at home. In fact, you’re so much better off because this recipe is down right delicious.
You know exactly what goes in it. And you can make as much, or as little (okay who are we kidding here, there’s no such thing as just a little bit of crab salad) as you’d like.
Just grab your King Crab Salad Ingredients:
Crab. Cooked and shredded.
Hard-boiled eggs. Mmmm.
Corn. It brings the vibrant freshness you look forward to in a salad.
Black olives. The perfect kick.
Green onions. Because this is a salad after all. And green onions are so refreshing in a salad.
Mayonnaise. We’re not drenching the salad with this like your local grocery store. Just enough to bring everything together. This homemade crab salad needs to be your next lunch. I know it’s going to be mine!
And if you’re looking for an even easier, but just as refreshing and delicious crab salad recipe, here you go!
What do I need to make this recipe?
- 1/2 lb cooked crab
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 can corn
- 1 small can black olives
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp mayonnaise
How To Make Crab Salad:
- Boil 3 large eggs, cool down, and then chop. Put into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add 1 can of corn into the mixing bowl.
- Chop 2 green onions, including the white parts.
- Add 1 can of black olives into the mixing bowl.
- Break apart 1/2 pound of cooked crab, take all the meat out, and shred into small pieces. Add to the rest of the ingredients.
- When ready to serve, add 2-3 Tablespoons of mayonnaise. This depends on how you like your salads dressed.
- Add salt to taste.
More recipes with seafood:
Equipment I Used
- Cutting board
- ½ lb cooked crab shredded
- 3 hard boiled eggs diced
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can black olives drained
- 2 stalks green onions chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 ½ Tbsp mayonnaise
- Boil 3 large eggs, cool down and chop. Put in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- 1 can of corn add into the mixing bowl.
- Chop 2 green onion, even the white part.
- Add to the mixing bowl 1 can of black olives.
- Break apart 1/2 pound of cooked crab, take all the meat out and shred into small pieces. Add to the rest of the ingredients.
- When ready to serve, add 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise. This depends how you like your salads dressed.
- Add salt to taste.