- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of potato flour
- 5 Large eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup of coffee liqueur
- 1/3 cup of espresso
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar (icing)
- 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons of confectioners sugar (icing)
- 1 1/4 cups of Mascarpone cheese (300g)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 ounces of dark chocolate, shaved
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease your cake pan. (I used 8″ spring form).
- In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup of flour and 1/3 cup of potato flour.
- In a medium bowl beat together 5 egg yolks with 1 cup of confectioners sugar, until pale and thick.
- In a separate bowl beat together egg whites, and gradually add the remaining confectioners sugar along with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Carefully fold 1 quarter of the egg whites into the yolk mixture, using a spatula.
- Fold in the flour into the yolk mixer until well incorporated.
- Add the rest of the egg white mixture.
- Spoon batter into the greased cake pan, bake for 35 minutes. Or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Beat 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream and 5 tablespoons of confectioners sugar.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Add and beat 1 1/4 cups of mascarpone cheese. (300 g)
- Combine 1/3 cup of espresso with 1/3 cup of coffee liqueur. ( I put in the picture the kind of coffee liqueur I use).
- Slice cake into thirds horizontally.
- Brush bottom layer with coffee mix.
- Spread one thirds of cream and cover with the middle slice of cake. Brush with coffee mix and also spread cream. Repeat with the top layer of cake. Spread cream all over.
- Decorate the top of the cake with dark chocolate.