- 1 1/4 cups of Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 large Eggs
- 100 grams of melted unsalted Butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon of oil (any oil except for olive oil)
- 1 Tablespoon of dry active Yeast
- Pinch of Vanilla
- 4 Cups of Flour
- Handful of Raisins (optional)
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 1/2 cups of icing sugar
- In a bread machine bucket, combine all the bread ingredients except for raisins.
- Turn your bread machine on “dough“, this will be for about 2 hours and 30 minutes. (Depends on your machine, but somewhere around that time.)
- Prepare your pots or pans. I don’t have the cans that some people use to make Easter bread, so what I use is regular oven safe pots. I divided the dough into two small pans. You could do one big one, up to you.
- Spray your pots with pam or butter up pots up so the dough doesn’t stick while baking. Around the sides put parchment paper.
- Take dough out of the bread machine. (If you are adding in raisins this is the time, just hand-mix raisins into the dough).
- Add dough to the pots. Let them sit on the counter for 10 minutes, it will rise just a bit.
- Turn your oven on to 350F.
- Put pots in oven for 40 mins. Your house will smell awesome!
- For the cream, beat 3 egg whites for 2 minutes or until it becomes white and fluffy, add in 1 1/2 cups of sugar icing.
- You could pour gently on the bread after it cools down or brush it with the cream. Sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Happy Easter!