- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter (1/2 a stick)
- 3 1/2 cups of broccoli, only the heads
- 1 Large yellow onion
- 1 carrot
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons of flour
- 1 liter Vegetable broth (4 cups)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (mozzarella/ cheddar)
- In a medium size soup pot, melt 4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter. To the butter add, 1 chopped onion, 1 sliced carrot, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- Add in 3 Tablespoons of flour, cook for another minute and pour in 4 cups of vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- To the pot add in 3 1/2 cups of cut broccoli heads. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until broccoli becomes soft.