- 1 pound of ground lamb
- 1/2 of an onion
- 3 slices of bacon
- Black pepper
- Small handful of cilantro
- Pinch of cumin (optional)
- Chop a small handful of cilantro, 1/2 of an onion, and 3 slices of bacon. Chop into very small pieces.
- In a bowl mix together 1 pound of ground lamb and the chopped cilantro, onion and bacon.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper and a pinch of cumin (optional)
- This next step is very important. By hand keep mixing the meat mix for 5 minutes, shape it into a ball and start throwing it into the dish or cutting board 5-7 times. This will start a chemical reaction that will keep your kebab attached to skewers and prevent it from falling apart. ( If doubling the recipe, double the amount of times you mix and throw)
- Refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Take meat out of the refrigerator and divide it into four parts, put on the skewers.
- On a baking sheet add the skewers, cover with foil for 35 minutes. (You can also grill instead of bake the lulya kebab.)
- Take the foil off and set your oven to broil for another 5 minutes. Enjoy!