It’s creamy, light, and so delicious. This broccoli and apple salad is full of nutrients and will be a hit even with the pickiest eater.
Broccoli. Either you hate it or love it. I personally love broccoli so I’m biased about this recipe. But I do have some people in my family that aren’t the biggest fans of broccoli. Okay, they try their best to avoid it.
But the broccoli in this salad gets devoured. I’m not sure if it’s because it’s doused with creamy mayo, or perfectly paired with beautifully tart, granny smith apples. But this salad is definitely doing it for my family. It’s requested often and made even more. It’s hard to say no to making a dish that takes only 10 minutes, from start to finish. Oh and did I mention? There are only 7 ingredients in it – and most of them are probably in your pantry/refrigerator. It’s an easy peasy recipe with so many benefits.
So what do I add into this salad?
Broccoli. It’s the star of this recipe. Don’t skimp out on the amount. I like to use two heads of broccoli and chop them into bite-sized florets.
Apples. You could use any kind you like/have available. Personally, I go for granny smith apples in this recipe. It provides the perfect amount of tartness that goes really well with the sweetness from the carrots and the spice from the garlic.
Garlic. Don’t leave this out! It’s the flavor in this salad that I always look most forward to.
Carrots. Grate them. They add great texture and mellow sweetness.
Parsley. For freshness of course.
Mayonnaise. To add creaminess to the entire salad and bring it all together.
It’s really all about chopping and mixing it all together. No baking, cooking, and no difficult steps. It’s an easy salad that’s even easier to enjoy!
What do I need to make this recipe?
- 1-2 heads of broccoli
- 1-2 apples (1 if larger size)
- 1 carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 handful parsley
- 2-3 Tbsp mayonnaise
How to make Apple-Veggie Salad:
- Wash and cut the heads of broccoli.
- Slice 1-2 granny smith apples (I used a vegetable slicer.)
- Peel and grate 1 carrot.
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic.
- Chop a small handful of parsley.
- Mix all ingredients with 2-3 Tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Add a pinch of salt.
Time to enjoy this bowl of goodness!
Other salad recipes you are sure to love:
Equipment I Used
- Cutting board
- garlic press
- salad bowl
- 1-2 heads broccoli chopped
- 1-2 apples sliced
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- salt to taste
- 1 handful parsley chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Wash and cut the heads of broccoli and add to the bowl.
- Slice 1-2 granny smith apples (I used a vegetable slicer.) and add to the broccoli.
- Add grated carrot, minced garlic and chopped parsley.
- Mix all ingredients with 2-3 Tablespoons of mayonnaise and add a pinch of salt. Enjoy!