- 2 pounds of fresh strawberries
- 4 cups of sugar (put a cup less if you don’t like jam to sweet)
- First, wash 2 pounds of fresh strawberries, than cut off the green leaves. (important to wash strawberries before taking the leaves off).
- Place the strawberries into a large pot. Pour 4 cups of sugar on top of the strawberries and let it stand for 2-4 hours, or until you start to see juice.
- Bring the strawberries to a boil, and let it boil for 5 minutes. Take the foam off. After 5 minutes of boiling take off from the heat and set aside to cool down, for about 10 hours.
- Boil the strawberries again for 5 minutes, take the foam off and let cool down for another 10 hours.
- Boil the strawberries one more time, let it cool down for 1 hour before placing into jars. Keep jars in a cool and dark area.
The reason you boil for 5 minutes and let it cool down three times, is so the strawberries keep there shape. If you like your jam less runny boil the strawberries longer.