- 2 pounds of fresh apricots cut into pieces
- 1 pound of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- Jars with lids washed in hot water
- Wash apricots, cut into pieces.
- First make the syrup: On medium heat, add 1 pound of sugar and 2 cups of water.
- Stir occasionally till the syrup becomes clear.
- Add the syrup to the apricots.
- Put on heat and bring to a boil. Take foam out. Turn the heat off and let the apricots cool down for about 10 hours or overnight.
- Reheat the apricot jam again to boil. Into well washed with hot water jars add the apricot jam.