- 9 pounds of sour cherries, washed and pitted
- 8 pounds of sugar
- 4 cups of water
- Jars, washed in hot water and ready to use
- In a big pan heat up 4 cups of water and 8 pounds of sugar. Stir occasionally until becomes clear.
- Put washed and pitted sour cherries in a big pan or dish (heat safe). Pour the clear syrup over the cherries and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Turn off the heat and let the cherries completely cool down.
- Heat up cherries, bring to a boil and turn off the heat. Let them cool down once again.
- Bring to a boil one more time. This time don’t need to cool down just put in jars.