This creamy smoothie is so refreshing. Antioxidants never tasted so good!
I’m not sure what I like best about smoothies: their amazing taste, or their benefits. Because this smoothie is satisfying in both aspects.
With flu season approaching soon, it’s always best to take as many preventative measures. And if that comes in smoothie form, well, I’m all over it. It’s an easy, delicious, and satisfying way to take in nutrients and antioxidants that will boost our immune system. And this three-ingredient smoothie fits the bill just right.
Yup, only three ingredients. Marina, was that a typo?
No, you do only need three ingredients. It really is that easy! And it’s not lacking in taste either.
This bright, vibrant orange-colored smoothie is really a no-fuss way to start your day. You can thank me later.
What do I need to make this recipe?
- 1 apple (I used an organic gala apple to make the smoothie sweeter)
- 1 medium carrot (I use organic carrots, which seem to be smaller so I put two)
- Ginger, the size of your thumbnail
- 1/4 cup water
What do you need?
One apple, peeled and cored. I chose to go with an organic Gala apple for its deliciously sweet flavor. This way you don’t need to add additional sweeteners like honey or sugar.
Carrots. This gives your smoothie that pretty orange color. The carrots also give you your daily amount of Vitamin A while providing a good amount of fiber, too.
Ginger. This is what makes the smoothie from average, to phenomenal. Ginger provides just the right amount of spice and balances out the sweet and earthy flavors. It’s also the powerhouse of antioxidants. Remember, preventative measures?
So what are you waiting for? This ridiculously easy smoothie should be a staple during these seasonal changes. Start today, and let me know how you liked it! Cheers!
How To Make Immune Boosting Smoothie
- Put ingredients into your blender or nutribullet, add 1/4 cup of water, and beat for 1 minute or till smooth. Cheers!
Boost your immune system with these other recipes:
Equipment I Used
- vegetable peeler
- Cutting board
- 1 apple peeled, cored,
- 1 medium carrot peeled
- 1 small ginger piece peeled
- ¼ cup water
- Peel carrot and ginger, slice 1 apple (throw core away.)
- Put ingredients into your blender or magic bullet, add 1/4 cup of water and beat for 1 minute or till smooth. Cheers!