- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 5-6 tomatoes
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 steams of parsley
- 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
*You can substitute the fresh tomatoes to a can of organic 14oz tomatoes in sauce.
- 6-8 tomatoes (depending on the size)
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 steams of fresh parsley
- Wash and slice 1 eggplant, add a pinch of salt and set a side.
- Wash and slice 1 zucchini (use two if they are small).
- Wash and slice 4-5 tomatoes.
- If you are using fresh tomatoes: Boil a pot of water, add tomatoes and let boil for 3 minutes. Peel the skin off the tomatoes and pureė in a food processor or just chop.
- Peel and chop 1 onion.
- In a pan heat up 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add in the chopped tomatoes until it starts to brown up; stir occasionally.
- Chop 1 red bell pepper, add to the onions. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add puréed tomatoes to the onion. Also add 1 minced garlic clove and 2 steams of fresh parsley chopped.
- Turn heat off. Salt and pepper to taste.
Putting it all together
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Pour tomato sauce on the bottom of a shallow oven safe casserole dish.
- Arrange sliced eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes in a pattern.
- In a small dish, add 2 steams of chopped parsley, 2-3 garlic cloves minced, 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix and pour on top of the arranged vegetables.
- Cover dish with lid or parchment paper. Bake for 1 hour.
- Let ratatouille cool down for few minutes, Enjoy!