- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil + 3 Tablespoons for frying
- You can serve with this honey-mustard sauce or just sour cream.
- 3 Tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 4 Tablespoons of honey
- Shop broccoli into small pieces, place in a bowl with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- In a separate bowl whisk 1 large egg and 1 cup of milk. Add in 1/2 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 cup of flour. Mix well together.
- Strain the ingredients into the broccoli.
- Heat 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a pan. Using an ice cream scoop make fritters in the pan. Fry until each side is golden brown color ( about a minute for each side, cooks fast).
- Place on a paper towel to cool down.
You can serve with sour cream or this honey mustard Sauce:
- Combine 4 Tablespoons of honey with 3 Tablespoons of dijon mustard.
- Serve with broccoli fritters.