- 2 egg yolk for large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups of flour, unbleached
- 2 egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites from 2 large eggs.
- Beat 2 egg yolks with 1 3/4 cup of sugar.
- In a little bowl squeeze out juice from 1/2 a lemon, mix it with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. It will foam, add to the eggs and sugar.
- Add 2 cups of sour cream to the mix. Beat all together.
- On low speed, mix in 3 cups of flour.
- The dough will be a bit sticky. Transfer into a bowl, cover and put in the freezer for 1 hour.
- After and hour, take the dough out. Preheat your oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheets (2) with parchment paper or mat (you can also just spray with oil).
- Wet your hands, this will help you roll the batter into balls easily. Make balls and place on cookie sheets. Leave room between each ball.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the the bottom of the cookies start to get a brownish color.
- While the cookies are baking, make the glaze: With a hand mixer beat together 2 egg whites for 1 minute. Then add 2 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and beat till well incorporated.
- When you take out pryanki from the oven, let them cool down for a few minutes. Brush the glaze all around each cookie. (The glaze will dry fast on the cookies, so brush the tops let dry, then flip over and glaze the bottoms)
- Keep in a ziploc bag or covered.