- 1 chicken breast
- 1 red beet
- 1 large potato
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 yellow onion + 1 Tablespoon of unsalted butter to sauté
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 big or 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 pomegranate
- salt and pepper
I used a lunch sized plate. That may give you a sense on the size of salad for the amount of ingredients listed above.
- First prepare all the ingredients before putting the salad together.
- In a small pot filled with water, boil the chicken breast for 15- 20 minutes.
- In a different pot boil 1 red beet, 1 large potato, 2 medium carrots. Boil until vegetables are soft. 15-20 minutes.
- In a a small pot boil eggs for 10 minutes, then put them in cold water. (this will help you peel fast)
- Chop 1/2 a yellow onion. Sauté in a pan with 1 Tablespoon of unsalted butter until soft.
- Mince the a clove of garlic.
- Chop or blend 1/4 cup of walnuts.
- Break the pomegranate and take the seeds out.
- After the boiled ingredients have boiled and cooled down, grate on a small sized grater vegetables and eggs. Shred the chicken breast into small pieces. Put each ingredient separate from the others.
Putting the Pomegranate Wreath Salad together:
- Place a cup upside down in the middle of a lunch plate.
- Put shredded chicken on around the cup. Add a pinch of salt and a gently spread a tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Add grated carrots on top of the chicken. Spread a tablespoon of mayonnaise gently.
- Next, add the grated potato. A pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 Tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the chopped walnuts.
- Add half of grated beets, and half of the walnuts that are left.
- Add the sautéd onions and minced garlic and another pinch of salt and pepper.
- The rest of the chicken goes on top of the onion. Plus a pinch of salt, pepper and spread 1 Tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- On top of that add shredded eggs. Then the rest of beets.
- Spread 2-3 Tablespoon of mayonnaise to cover everything.
- Carefully take out the cup.
- Put pomegranate all over the cake.
- Here is the inside of Pomegranate Wreath Salad.