For this recipe you would need to make the crepes. I made two portions of the easy crepes recipe. Here is a link to the recipe The Easy Crepe Recipe
For the cream:
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup of softened unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- You can do the cream in the microwave or you can cook it on the stove.
- Fill up a pot half way with water and bring it to a boil.
- On top place a clean medium sized bowl.
- Add 2 cups of milk.
- As soon as the milk warms up whisk in 1 cup of sugar, 1 Tablespoon of flour, 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Occasionally stirring.
- Whisk really fast when adding 4 egg yolks. Let it all cook until the cream becomes thicker.
- Place in the fridge. It needs to cool down completely.
- With a hand mixer beat 2 sticks of softened butter (16 Tablespoons) add in the cream that you boiled.
- Spread the cream between each crepe stacking one on top of the other.
- You can decorate the cake anyway you like. I chose to put more of the cream around the cake, sprinkled sliced almonds on the side. Added 2 Tablespoons of nutella to the remaining cream and spread it on top.
Products I used in this recipe: