- 2 teaspoons of yeast
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of warm milk (I used organic 2%)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 5 cups of unbleached flour + a handful for shaping buns
- 1 large egg for brushing the tops of the buns (optional)
- I used a bread machine for this recipe. You could also do it without one by using a stand mixer and following the steps.
- In a small bowl add 2 teaspoons of yeast, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and 1/2 cup of warm water. Let it stand for 15 minutes. It will rise up.
- In bread machine bowl add the rest of the sugar, and warm water. Plus all the other ingredients: 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter, 1/4 cup of warm milk, 1 teaspoon of salt, the yeast mixture and 5 cups of unbleached flour.
- Turn on the DOUGH setting on your bread machine, and let it do the job. For my dough setting it’s 2 hours and 20 minutes. This can vary depending on your machine.
- In a rectangular 18″ X 13″ baking sheet. (If your pan is not a nonstick type then you should put a sheet of parchment paper.)
- The dough will be easy to work with, but with the help of unbleached flour the buns can look better. Form the dough into 24 balls and lay them on the baking sheet.
- Let rise for 35 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 360F.
- For the nice golden color of the soft buns, whisk 1 large egg and brush on the tops of the buns.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Let cool down and enjoy!
Things I used for the recipe: