Sauteed Pan Chicken and Vegetables is a quick and easy midweek dinner recipe idea. The meal is packed with flavor, healthy and nutritional vegetables, and not to mention, it even tastes amazing. Furthermore, it is grain-free, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and made with unprocessed ingredients. This chicken with vegetables reheats great the next day, even!
What You’ll Need To Make this Chicken Recipe
Chicken thighs: boneless and skinless. Chicken breast could also be used.
Vegetables: Carrots, mushroom, eggplant, bell pepper, onion, and tomatoes.
Oil: I use extra virgin olive oil, but you can use the type of oil you like.
Season with salt and pepper
Health Benefits of Vegetables
To start with, vegetables are usually low in calories and high in fiber. If some happen to be like avocado, which is higher in fat, then it’s the good kind of fat. Not all vegetables are made the same, though. Some vegetables are known to be healthier than others, like the green kind, such as spinach, asparagus, kale, etc. However, the kind of vegetables like the ones in this dish are not ones that you’ll want to pass up.
Carrots have a great amount of Vitamin A, which is a vitamin for your vision.
1 cup of onion contains vitamin C, B-6, and manganese, all of which are important for boosting the immune system.
Tomatoes are not just low in calories, but they also contain potassium and vitamin C.
Mushrooms, as we all know, are the best source for getting vitamin D in, especially for those who don’t get much sunlight. As for eggplant, it’s a great vegetable for the digestive system, and also includes vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, along with magnesium, manganese, copper, fiber, folic acid, and potassium.
Can I Use a Different Type of Meat
Yes! If you don’t have chicken on hand or don’t want to use chicken, it can be substituted for lean beef but will need to be cooked longer than the chicken. Also, you can use fish, such as halibut or salmon, which cooks fairly quickly. You can also leave out the chicken and make this dish meatless, and it will still have enough flavor and nutrition.
How Do You Make an Easy Chicken and Veggie Pan Meal?
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- 10 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 eggplant
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion, small
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
How to make Pan Chicken with Vegetables:
- Cut 1 lb of chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces, cutting off the fat. Place in a heated pan with 2 Tablespoons of oil, along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mixing occasionally, sautéing for 7 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked.
- Peel and cut a carrot into slices or cubes and add to the chicken.
- Add in 10 oz of sliced mushrooms with a pinch of salt. Sauté and mix.
- Slice eggplant into small strips and in a separate pan, add 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and sliced eggplant with a pinch of salt.
- Add sliced red bell pepper into the pan with the chicken.
- Combine the eggplant and chicken mix along with the other vegetables together into one pan.
- Slice 1 small yellow onion into thin slices and also add to the pan.
- Chop 2 tomatoes, then add to the pan as well.
- Stir everything together.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of salt and 1 Tablespoon of black pepper (or to your taste) to the pan. Cover and sauté over low heat for 10 minutes.
If you enjoy chicken and vegetable recipes, you should also try these other chicken recipes:
Kitchenware I used for the recipe:
Sautéed Chicken with Vegetables
- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 medium sized carrot thinly sliced
- 10 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 eggplant cut into thin, short strips
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut 1 pound of chicken thighs into small pieces and place in a heated pan with 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Mixing occasionally, sautéing for 7 minutes.
- Peel and cut 1 carrot into small slices. Add to the chicken. Keep heat to medium-low.
- Add in 10 ounces of sliced mushrooms with a pinch of salt. Sauté and mix.
- Slice 1 eggplant into small strips. In a separate pan, add 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and sliced eggplant. Add a pinch of salt.
- Slice 1 red bell pepper and add to the chicken pan. Keep at medium-low heat.
- Add the sautéed eggplant to the chicken pan.
- Slice 1 small yellow onion thinly, then also add to the pan.
- Chop 2 plum tomatoes, then add to the pan.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of salt and 1 Tablespoon of black pepper (or to your taste). Cover and sauté on low heat for 10 minutes. Enjoy!