I use this as my complete guide for making homemade chocolate ganache, and so can you! There are just 2 ingredients and the uses of this ganache are endless. It can be used not only on cakes and cupcakes but can also be refrigerated to be a dip, ice cream, and crepe topping, maybe even a chocolate frosting or a filling.
Chocolate ganache is stirred until silky and smooth made with chocolate and cream in a water bath. It’s not only quick and easy but tastes luxuriously good.
2 Ingredients in Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate: I recommend that you use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but I have found that other types of work just as well. If you don’t have chocolate chips, you can also chop a bar of chocolate. You can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate. It really depends on your taste buds.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: The ganache won’t set properly if you use anything else other than the heavy whipping cream.
How to make an Easy Ganache:
- Fill a medium-sized pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- Place a heat-safe bowl over the boiling pot.
- Add chocolate chips and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to the bowl
Stirring occasionally, melt all of the chocolate chips. It will take 3 minutes.
- Ready to use!
I hope you will like this easy 2 ingredient chocolate ganache. Here are some recipe ideas where you can use this ganache.
Products I used in this recipe:
3 Minute Chocolate Ganache
- 2 cups chocolate chips any kind works great
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fill a medium sized pot halfway with water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- On top of the pot, place a heat-safe bowl.
- To the bowl add 2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Stirring occasionally melt all the chocolate chips. Will take 3 minutes.
- Ready to use!