- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 Large egg
- 1 qt water
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 kosher dill pickles
- 1 garlic clove
- small handful of fresh parsley
1. In a bowl, mix 1 pound of ground turkey with 1 Large egg, 1/2 Tablespoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. (I like to use the dark meat of turkey)
2. Fill a medium pot with 1 qt of water, or an inch over half way full. Bring to a boil.
3. When the water comes to a boil, make small balls from turkey mix and drop them into the pot. (The water must be boiling or the meatballs will fall apart) Cook meatballs.
4. Peel and cut 2 medium sized potatoes into small pieces Add to the boiling meatballs.
5. In a separate small pot boil 2 cups of water, add the 1/2 cup of pearl barley. Boil for 10 minutes. Drain the pearl barley and add to the meatballs.
6. Chop 1 yellow onion. Sauté in a pan with 2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, until onion is soft.
7. Chop 3 kosher dill pickles into small squares. Add to the onion, sauté for another 2 minutes.
8. Mince 1 clove of garlic, add to the pan with the pickles and onions. Turn the heat off.
9. Add a small handful of fresh parsley to the onions.
10. After potatoes have softened, add sautéed vegetables into the pot. Salt and pepper to your taste.
11. Simmer for 5 minutes. Enjoy.
Products I used for this recipe: