- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of milk (I used organic 2%)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon bread crumbs (panko works too)
- 1 Tablespoon crushed oats
- 2 small pinches of salt
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl combine 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add chicken thighs to the mixed ingredients, let it stand 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl whisk 1 large egg with 1 1/2 Tablespoons of milk. Set a side.
- In a shallow plate or bowl stir 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 Tablespoon bread crumbs, 1 Tablespoon crushed oats, 2 pinches of salt. Mix well.
- In a pan heat up 1/4 cup of oil (more or less depending on your pan size, oil should be 1/2 an inch.)
- Take a piece of chicken, add to the flour mixture and dredge the chicken.
- Dip in egg mixture. Then back into the flour mixture.
- Shake off excess flour. Put in heated oil.
- Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Fry chicken until it turns golden brown, gently turn to the other side.
- Place on a paper towel for any oil to drain.
* Serve Fresh!
Products I used in Chicken Cutlets: