Posted in Dessert
- 3 egg yolks from large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 16 ounces sour cream (2cups)
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of pure honey
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups of unbleached all purpose flour
- 3 egg whites
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Separate egg yolks from the egg whites, from 3 large eggs. You will use the egg whites for the glaze.
- With a mixer beat 3 egg yolks, with 2 cups of sugar.
- Stir in 16 ounces sour cream, 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise, 1/2 cup honey.
- In a small cup mix together 2 teaspoons baking soda with 1 teaspoon lemon juice, it will foam up. Add to the bowl with the rest of ingredients.
- To the bowl, add 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract, 2 Tablespoons of vanilla. Mix all well together.
- Stir in 4 cups of flour.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use parchment paper, or grease baking sheets if it’s not the nonstick kind.
- Shape dough into small balls (I use a ice cream scoop), put on a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 20 minutes.
- Using a hand mixer, beat 3 egg whites for 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar. Beat for another 2 minutes.
- After the cookies have cooled down, brush the glaze all over the cookies. Glaze will dry up quick.
* Your peppermint cookies could be darker or lighter than mine. It depends on the kind of honey you use. In the first picture I used a darker richer honey than in the following picture. Either way they are soft, sweet and delicious.