- 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package lasagna noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup grated mozzarella + 1 cup for top
- 1 Large egg
- 3 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 cups marinara sauce + 1 Tablespoon for the bottom of the pan
- Boil the lasagna noodles by following the directions on the box.
- In a pan on medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Sauté 1 pound of ground beef, 3 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Stir occasionally.
- Chop 1/2 of an onion and add to the beef. Sauté for another minute.
- Add in 3 ounces of fresh spinach, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, 1 large egg, pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well, sauté for 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare an oven safe dish for lasagna, by spreading 1 Tablespoon marinara sauce on the bottom.
- On each cooked lasagna noodle spread beef mixture.
- Roll it up and place in an oven safe dish. (you could also cut each roll in half)
- Spread 2 cups of marinara sauce on top of the lasagna rolls. Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take off foil and bake for another 5 minutes. (I broil the last 2 minutes to get that darker color on top)
Products used in this recipe:
Lasagna oven safe dish Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute (Pack of 2)
Nonstick saute pan WearEver C94405 Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic Coating Saute Pan Fry Pan, 10.5-Inch, Gold
Spatula for mixing Wilton 570-1121 Easy Flex 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set, Blue
Pot to cook the noodles Bialetti 7185 Trends Collection 5 Quart Pasta Pot, Red