- 2 celery sticks
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- juice from 1 lemon
- small handful of fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (I use 21 seasoning from trader joe’s)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an oven sheet with rack.
- Dice 2 celery sticks, 1 red bell pepper, 1/2 onion.
- In a bowl mix chopped fresh basil, juice out of 1 lemon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, minced garlic clove, and 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning. (link at bottom for the trader joe’s seasoning) Mix it well together.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on the hen and spread it all around.
- Stuff hens with chopped vegetables.
- Rub the seasoning mix all over the hens.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- I broiled the last 5 minutes for the color.
Products I used in this recipe:
If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, you could order it from amazon. Follow the link: Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute (Pack of 2)
Bowls to mix ingredients, I use thing bowls all the time.Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Clear
Wire rack, this help the chicken roast all over. Circulon Nonstick Bakeware 3-Piece Cookie Pan Set, Warm Silver
Bamboo Style’s® Premium 3 Piece Bamboo Cutting Boards. Eco-friendly Kitchen Chopping Boards Made to Last!
My favorite knifes for chopping, Global GS-38 – 3 1/2 inch, 9cm Western Style Paring Knife