One of my favorite salads to enjoy in the summer is this creamy and crunchy Quick Mixed Garden Vegetable Salad with Eggs. Loaded with cucumber, radish, onion, and dill, with boiled eggs and tossed with mayonnaise, it can be enjoyed for lunch as-is or fancied up like an egg salad sandwich.
A good egg salad starts with good eggs. I like brown free-range organic eggs. To me, the taste is more appetizing than the other varieties, and after the habit of only eating the free-range organic eggs, the factory caged white eggs are almost impossible to consume. There is definitely a difference in flavor.
How to cook the perfect hard-boiled egg?
- Place the eggs in a large pot and fill with cool water, covering the eggs by an inch.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil eggs for 5-7 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Drain the eggs and refill the pot with cold water. Let the eggs sit in the cool bath for 3-4 minutes. (This helps to peel the eggs easier).
Gather the Ingredients for this Garden Vegetable and Eggs Salad
You will need:
Radish: I have always used the red kind of radish. I’ve not really tried this salad with other varieties.
Cooked Eggs: Large eggs, and hard boiled.
Cucumber: Skin peeled or not, it’s up to you.
Onion: Green scallions.
Dill: Fresh dill makes a great difference in this recipe.
Salt and pepper to season, if you want. Usually, I find that the mayonnaise has just enough flavor as the salad dressing. If you prefer more flavor, you can also add a little bit of lemon juice.
- 1/2 lb red radish
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 green onion stems
- 1 handful fresh dill
- salt to taste
How to Make Garden Vegetable Egg Salad:
Combine: After the eggs have been boiled, cooled down, and peeled, chop them up into a large bowl. Also, add in cut and sliced cucumbers, radish, and chopped green scallions. A tip that I learned from the culinary academy is when cutting a salad, cut all of the ingredients to the same size. Not only the salad will look good, but it will be easier to eat.
Toss: Add in fresh chopped dill and toss with mayonnaise when ready to serve.
Other Quick Garden Salad Recipes You will Like:
Equipment I Used
Quick Mixed Garden Vegetable Salad with Eggs
- Cutting board
- salad bowl
- mixing spoon
- ½ lb red radish chopped
- 4 large eggs hard-boiled, chopped
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 2 stems green onion chopped
- 1 handful fresh dill chopped
- salt to taste
- Boil 4 large eggs then cool them down.
- Cut the English cucumber in half, then slice it. Add to a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut off the ends of the radishes, cut each radish in half, and slice. Add to the cucumbers.
- Dice the cooled hard-boiled eggs. Add to the bowl.
- Slice the green onion into thin pieces. Add to the bowl.
- When ready to serve, mix with 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise; or to your taste.
- Salt to taste.
- * Don’t mix salad until ready to serve.