- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 pound chicken thighs, skinless/ boneless
- salt and pepper to taste 2 carrots
- 1 cup roasted buckwheat
- 2 cups of water
- In a cast iron pot melt 2 Tablespoons butter and 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Chop 1 yellow onion add to pot, start sautéing.
- Cut off fat from 1 pound of chicken thighs (if any), cut into small pieces and add to the onion. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut 2 carrots into slices, add to the pot.
- Stir everything well. Pour in 2 cups of water, salt and pepper to your taste of the water. Bring to a boil.
- On the lowest heat, add 1 cup of buckwheat.
- Close the lid, let simmer till there is no water left (10-15 minutes).
Products I used for Buckwheat with Chicken Recipe include Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 4-1/2-Quart Round French (Dutch) Oven, Dune, cutting board Bamboo Style’s® Premium 3 Piece Bamboo Cutting Boards. Eco-friendly Kitchen Chopping Boards Made to Last!, a knife Global GS-5 – 5 1/2 inch, 14cm Vegetable Knife