- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoon of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- slice of unsalted butter
- Place 3 large eggs in warm water.
- In a medium pot warm up 2 cups of buttermilk, don’t boil. Should just be very warm. Stir always. Turn the heat to the lowest add 2 tablespoons of sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- With the heat off, beat the 3 large eggs with a hand mixer into the buttermilk.
- Sift unbleached 1 1/2 cups of flour into the buttermilk pot. Beat till well incorporated.
- In a separate medium sized pot warm up 2 cups of milk (not boiled just very warm).
- In a cup or little bowl mix 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (this will foam up). Add to the milk pot.
- Combine the buttermilk and milk together, by beating with a hand mixer to get the batter smooth.
- Heat up a crepe pan, Caution: Hot!
- Lightly melt a small slice of unsalted butter.
- With a ladle pour one scoop onto the hot pan, turning pan making sure the batter is all over the pan.
- As soon as crepe starts to get a golden color flip it over.
- Crepes will come out bubbly and light.
Items I used in this recipe:
Crepe pan 1212823 Crepe Pan with Spreader and Spatula%2C 11%22 %2D Black Matte
Bowls Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Clear
Pots WearEver C94424 Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic Coating Sauce Pan, 3-Quart, Gold
Ladle OXO Good Grips Brushed Stainless Steel Ladle
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway!