- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Juice from 1 lemon
- grated zest for the top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil cake form.
- With an electrical mixer beat 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 Tablespoon of lemon zest and 1 cup of sugar.
- Add in 3 Large eggs beat for 1 minutes, and 1 cup greek yogurt. Beat until smooth and pale.
- Turn mixer to the lowest speed.
- Sift dry ingredients together 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add to the mixing bowl.
Incorporate all together.
- Transfer into prepared cake form.
- Bake for 40-45minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool down completely.
- Slice cake in half.
- Melt 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter in a pan or microwave.
- Mix together 2 cups of powdered sugar, melted butter and juice from 1 lemon.
- Spread on bottom slice of cake, place the top half on top.
- Spread the rest of the cream all over the cake.
- Decorate with lemon zest (optional) .
Items I used in this recipe:
Mixing bowl Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Clear
Kitchenaid mixer KitchenAid Classic Plus Series 4.5 Qt. Tilt-Head Stand Mixer – Silver
Cake form Cake Boss Professional Nonstick Bakeware 3-Piece Round Cake Pan Set, Silver
Cooling rack Baker’s Secret 1061483 10-by-16-Inch Nonstick Cooling Rack, Set of 2