- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 cups walnuts (unchopped)
- 4 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, cooked. Cooking instructions
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
*Sweetened condensed milk should already be cooked and cooled down. Link to cooking instructions:
- Whisk together till well combined, 1 large egg and 4 Tablespoons sugar.
- In a sauce pan or microwave melt 1/2 cup of unsalted butter. Add melted butter to whisked egg and sugar.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup of milk and 2 cups of flour. Incorporate all together well, form into a ball. Put in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Grate the dough. You will need to do a few batches. The grated dough should be spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, check them while baking so they don’t burn.
- After you have grated and baked all the dough, add into a bowl with 2 cups of chopped walnuts.
- Add 1 can of cooked sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix well.
- You can just use your hands to shape into trees, or you can use a tulip glass.
- In order for the trees to not fall apart, push hard making it all stick well. (like rice crispy with marshmallow)
- You can make them big or bite size.
- Dust with powdered sugar (optional).
- Give them time to set.
Products I used for this recipe: