- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pound boneless beef
- 4 carrots
- 1 yellow onion
- 7 potatoes (depending on the size)
- 3 Tablespoons organic tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- fresh dill for garnish
- Heat up 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a cast iron pot (or any pot).
- Chop 2 pounds of beef, sauté in oil for 1 minute on medium-high heat. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Peel and chop 7 potatoes into fours (you don’t want small pieces, that would make it mushy), add to the beef.
- Chop 1 yellow onion, add to the pot.
- Peel and slice 4 carrots.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Add just enough water to cover all the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the lid and simmer for 1 hour on the lowest heat.
- Garnish with fresh dill.
Products used in the recipe:
Pot Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 5-1/2-Quart Round French (Dutch) Oven, Cherry Knives Global G-2338 – 3 Piece Starter Knife Set with Chef’s, Utility and Paring Knife
Cutting board Prepworks from Progressive International PCB-1812 17.38″ X 11.25″ Cutting Board