- 3 egg yolks from large eggs
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of unsalted melted butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups of unbleached flour
- jam (any you like)
- 5 egg whites
- 2 cups sugar
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together 3 egg yolks, 1 large egg and 1 cup of sugar.
- Add 1 cup of melted unsalted butter and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Stir in 3 cups of flour. Leave in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Press dough into tartlet molds.
- Place forms on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until they start getting a light brown color.
- Flip the molds over, they will come out smoothly.
- Place on a baking sheet, fill each one with 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- In an electrical mixer beat 5 egg whites with 2 cups of sugar. Until it’s not runny, 3 minutes.
- Put meringue mix in a pastry bag with a pip tip. Decorate each jam filled tartlet.
- Place in the oven at 350F for 5 minutes.
Products I used in this recipe:
Tartlet molds Freshware CB-305 12-Pack Flower Silicone Reusable Baking Cup
Piping bag and tip Norpro 8 Piece Cake Decorating SetPyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Clear Whisk OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Balloon Whisk Electrical mixer KitchenAid KSM75WH 4.5-Qt. Classic Plus Stand Mixer – White