I love zucchini recipes, it’s a tasty vegetable that is usually easy to use in a variety of recipes. These oven-baked zucchini chips recipe uses bread crumbs and some salt and pepper along with parmesan cheese and garlic powder. You can easily substitute the bread crumbs to gluten-free or keto bread crumbs to make it diet-friendly.
Healthy snacks don’t have to mean you stand in the kitchen all day long. I love using these zucchini crisps as an alternative to chips or fries.
Ingredients you will need to make these crisps:
Zucchini: Strengthen your vision and boost your vitamin C with this green vegetable.
Olive oil: Or your preferred cooking oil.
Parmesan Cheese: Cheese is always a good idea.
Salt: To bring out all of that delicious zucchini flavor.
Black pepper: For seasoning.
Garlic powder: Kicking up more flavor.
Bread Panko: Makes zucchini crispy.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup bread panko
Simple steps to take to make oven-baked zucchini crisps:
Prepare: First, preheat oven to 450F and prepare a large baking sheet (no need for cooking spray). Slice zucchini into 1/4-inch slices, if you like it extra crispy cut zucchini into thin slices. Toss in a small bowl with extra virgin olive oil.
Combine: Panko crumbs, shredded parmesan cheese, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and salt into a bowl. Mix well.
Arrange zucchini: Coat each slice on both sides into the panko mix. Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
Oven bake: for 15 minutes, then flip the zucchini slices and bake for another 15 minutes.
Serve: Best to serve immediately.
Other Oven-Baked Recipes You May Like:
Equipment I Used
Baked Zucchini Crisps
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or other preferred oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup bread panko
- Preheat oven to 450F. Prepare a large baking sheet (no need to grease it.)
- Slice zucchini into 1/4-inch slices.
- Toss in a bowl with 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Combine 1/4 cup panko crumbs, 1/4 shredded parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt into a bowl. Mix well.
- Dip each slice on both sides into the panko mix. Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the zucchini rounds onto the other side and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.