Mini toasts, also known as crostinis, are the perfect party appetizer or can even make up your lunch. You can top them with whatever ingredients sound delicious to you, whether you choose sweet, spicy, or savory. This vegetable crostini recipe uses a variety of vegetables, seasoned with salt and pepper and topped on baguette slices.
Ingredients You Need to Make Vegetable Crostini
Olive oil: Or your favorite oil that you like to use.
Onion: Yellow onion, chopped into small pieces.
Green onion: Also known as scallions.
Vegetables: I used zucchini, eggplant, red bell pepper.
Tomato: These are nice and sweet, making them a great addition.
Fresh basil: Always goes great with the vegetables.
Garlic: Brings out more flavor.
Baguette: Store-bought baguette, sliced into thin slices. You could even ask the bakery to slice it for you.
Salt and pepper: To season the veggies, as usual.
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stem green onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large tomato
- 1 stem fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 slices bread, thick pieces
How to Make Vegetable Crostini
Sauté Green onion and yellow in a heated skillet with extra virgin olive oil for a couple of minutes. Then add chopped eggplant, zucchini, red bell pepper, and tomatoes keep cooking.
Season with salt and pepper, keep the heat on low. Sauté for another 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Then stir in chopped fresh basil and garlic. Give it a good stir and add salt to taste.
Toast each slice of bread. You can do so in the oven for a couple of minutes. Spread vegetable mix on top of each toasted bread slice.
Other Appetizers You May Like:
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 stem green onion chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 eggplant chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 stem fresh basil chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 slices bread thin slices
- Sauté green onion and yellow in a heated skillet with extra virgin olive oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, red bell pepper, and tomato to the onions.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. On low heat sauté for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the chopped fresh basil.
- Add garlic then salt to taste.
- Slice the French baguette or any firm-textured bread. Toast each slice.
- Add couple tablespoons of vegetable mix on top of each toasted and sliced bread.