- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons of agar agar
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of dry vanilla
- 3 egg whites (room temperature)
- In an electrical mixer, beat together 3 egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon of dry vanilla. Mix until the other ingredients are ready to be added.
- On the stove, in a medium size pot add 1 cup of water and 2 teaspoons of agar agar. Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Whisk into the pot 4 cups of powdered sugar, boil for exactly 6 minutes. Take off the heat and add to the egg whites, with the mixer still working. Mix together for 3 minutes.
- You can shape the marshmallows into any shape you want. I used a pastry bag with a decorating tip.
- Pipe marshmallow mix onto two large baking sheets.
- Let marshmallows stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. For faster results put in the refrigerator.