- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine 2 cups of flour, 1 Tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda together in a medium bowl.
- Cut 4 teaspoons of butter into small pieces and add to the dry ingredients.
- Stir in 1 cup of buttermilk, mix it all well.
- On a clean surface, dust a small handful of flour; put the dough on top.
- Gently roll out the dough until it is 1/2 inch thick and a rectangular shape.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter, brush it over the dough.
- Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon together and sprinkle it over the butter all the way to the edges.
- Roll dough in, long way.
- Cut into 1 inch equal slices.
- Arrange on a cookie sheet or any oven safe dish. (Don’t grease it)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
- Make the glaze by whisking 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 2 teaspoons of milk; drizzle glaze over the hot cinnamon rolls.