These coconut macaroons are always a hit at any party. They’re soft and chew on the inside while beautifully crispy on the outside. Oh and did I mention? They’re full of delicious coconut flavor! Yum!
I am obsessed with all things coconut. So when I tell you these coconut macaroons are out of this world, I’m not joking around. Yes, I take coconut recipes quite seriously.
Why Make These Coconut Macaroons?
They’re delicious. Delicious is an understatement. They are drool-worthy.
They’re so easy to make! I know, I know. The word “macaroon” just screams intimidating but I promise, these aren’t difficult to make at all. And the best part? You only need 5 ingredients to make these!
They’re oh so beautiful. If you’re looking for party food or something that screams “impressive” these cookies are it! They look so pretty at any event.
You can make plenty of these. The recipe I’ve listed makes between 32-36 macaroons. You can just double the ingredients and make over 60 cookies! Enough to feed a crowd. Or you know, keep for yourself, because these are irresistible.
These coconut macaroons are scrumptious just the way they are. But if you’re looking to change things up or elevate it, here’s how!
- Melt some chocolate and dip these cooked macaroons in it. Then let it stand to cool. It tastes amazing!
- You can turn these coconut macaroons into pina colada macaroons! Add 1-2 tablespoons of drained, crushed pineapples into your mixture.
What do I need to make this recipe?
- 5 cups coconut, shredded
- 3 egg whites (large
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
How to make Coconut Macaroons:
- Preheat your oven to 325F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a bowl whisk together egg whites, sugar, vanilla, salt until foamy and sugar is mostly dissolved
- Add in the shredded coconut, combine all together
- Mound about 2 tablespoons and 1inch apart, using a small ice cream scoop, or a spoon
- Put in the oven for 20-25 mins, tips of coconut macaroons should get brown color
- Take out, let cool completely before serving; otherwise could fall apart
Coconut Macaroons can stay for up to 5 days on the counter
Other sweet recipes you’ll love:
Equipment I Used
- parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- ice cream scoop
- oven mitt
- 5 cups shredded coconut
- 3 egg whites (large)
- ½ cups sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, vanilla and salt until foamy and the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add in the shredded coconut, combine all together.
- Using an ice cream spoon or regular spoon, scoop about 2 Tablespoons of the mix into a mound and place 1 inch apart on the baking tray.
- Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes, tips of the coconut macaroons should get golden brown.
- Take out, let cool completely before serving, otherwise they could fall apart. Enjoy!